Still have some wonderfully fresh green beans and tomatoes in your garden?
I might secretly still be holding on to the last few moments of summer. While fall always seems to bring a breath of fresh air — literally, I love the crisp taste of summer.
- 1-2 pounds fresh green beans, rinsed and ends trimmed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 chopped Red onion
- 4 Tbsps olive
- 3 Tbsps fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 Tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh garlic minced
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup celery powder/salt (optional) If use celery salt, omit sea salt.
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella balls or pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leave chopped
- 1 full ripe avocado diced (optional)
- Steam green beans until tender or bright green. (approx. 5-10 minute)
- Rinse beans in ice bath until chilled; Drain and pat dry.
- In large mixing bowled tomato, red onions and chilled/drained green beans.
- In separate bowl add oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, garlic, celery powder and pepper. Wisk together until fully blended. (Immersion blenders are a great option)
- Add mixture to tomato, green bean and onion bowl; Toss well.
- Cover the bowl and chill for approx. 1 hour.
- Add mozzarella and basil and Serve.
- Optional: Add 1 full diced avocado prior to serving.