Parkers’ Garden Fresh Marinara
As a kid I savored the smell and taste of fresh tomato sauce. As a health conscious mom – I love that I can bring these memories and comforts of childhood into my own home. Fresh, nutritious and family friendly.
- 1 Peck fresh Garden tomatoes
- 1 Large fresh zucchini (optional)
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 6 oz. organic tomato paste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-4 cloves fresh garlic crushed
- 1/2 -1 tbsp. Salt
- 1/4 tbsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp. Celery salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 -1 medium red onion chopped
(All ingredient with ranges can be adjusted to desired taste)
- Quarter and removed rind of tomatoes; add to large stew pot.
- Add olive oil garlic, basil and onion.
- Boil until tomatoes are softened (approx. 1/2hr)
- Removed from heat.
- Using immersion blender — blend ingredients thoroughly.
- Add all other ingredients; mix well.
- Return to low heat. Allow to simmer for one hour.
- Serve or chill can/freeze.
***Makes approx. 8 (4 cup) portions. ***
If freezing — add 6 oz. can of organic tomato paste when dethawed.
This recipe is the property of Refocused Fitness + Nutrition LLC ©