3 Ingredient Homemade Yogurt
Yogurt is a staple in our home. Everyone eats it and before you know it you look in the fridge and it is time for another trip to the store.
Choosing the right yogurt can be a difficult task when trying to find one that is low in sugar, high in protein and nutrition without all of the additives, dyes and preservatives.
Grass fed, organic yogurts often come with a high price tag — what is the alternative, try making your own. For a total of $7.00 depending on where you shop you can make 10-12 servings fo grass fed, organic yogurt with little effort! Heres how:
**Recipe requires the use of an Instant Pot***
- Ultra pasteurized Milk of your choice
- 1/4 -1/2 cup Sweetener condensed milk, honey, or maple syrup (I personally have never used stevia but I would imagine this could be added to the batch after completion).
- sweetener and be eliminated for preparing plain yogurt the can be using as a substitution in many dishes.
- 1-2 tbsp plain yogurt with live active cultures
- Combine all ingredients into inner pot of instant pot.
- Stir until all ingredients well blended.
- Set instant pot to 8-10hrs on yogurt setting.
- Upon completion place in refrigerator to cool.
- Divide into single serving mason jars or other glass container…
- Fresh fruit blended with immersion blender, add small amount of sweetener of choice. Freeze in ice cube trays; remove and top yogurt in mason jar.
- Fresh granola, flax seed, chia seeds, nuts, etc.