Sometimes it’s hard to satisfy a sweet tooth when you are doing all you can to maintain a balance and choose healthy eating. With a little creativity, those same healthy choices can give you the secret to indulging without the guilt!
Chocolate PB Protein Bites
- 3 cups Old Fashion Oats4 TBSP Natural Peanut Butter
- 3 TBSP Dark Chocolate Natural PB (optional)
- 1/2 cup crush raw almonds
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 3 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1/4 -1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp natural PB
- 1.5 cup white chocolate chip mortals (substitute dark chocolate for lower sugar option)
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- In large mixing bowl oats, peanut butter, almonds, honey, chia seeds and protein powder. Mix thoroughly until oats coated fully. (Heating optional for 30 seconds if difficulty arises mixing ingredients)
- Scoop 1.5 -2 tsp servings into greased mini muffin pan. Place filled muffin pan into freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove chilled bites. In medium sized microwave safe bowl add topping ingredients, Peanut butter and white chocolate chips. Melt in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in-between until chips are fully melted. Add protein powder and stir thoroughly.
- Top bits with chocolate mixture (approx. 1 tsp. per bite). Return to freezer to allow chocolate to solidify; Once firm, bites are ready to be served.